The Center for Academic Achievement offers free help with academic course work and study skills development. The CAA also offers encouragement and a place for study. To work with a tutor for a single session or up to twice per week, fill out and submit the Tutor Request Form that is available in the CAA, from an advisor, or by clicking here.
The Center for Academic Achievement is located in Room W121 in the west wing of the main campus building.
Fall Semester 2014
Testing Room (W120)
Monday-Wednesday-Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Tuesday-Thursday, 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Must show photo ID to test.
CAA (tutoring, W121)
Monday through Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Closed weekends, holidays, and during academic breaks
Sarah Libbon, CAA Coordinator
All services are offered at no charge.
• Led by professional tutors or by peer tutors who have done well in the class
• Offered in math, science, and accounting courses; others may be available
• Study groups offered this semester, please click here for list
• Professional tutors in science (TRIO) and math (TRIO), and in writing for all subject areas
• Peer tutors in many subjects; ask in the CAA
• Large, separate room for quiet testing
• Must show photo ID to test
• Must complete test by close of scheduled testing hours (see hours above)
Computers (Windows, Macintosh)
• Two Windows and two Mac computers in CAA for study purposes
• Assistance with word processing, D2L, PowerPoint, and more
Workbooks, study guides, answer keys, supplementary textbooks and reference materials, study skills information, stapler, 3-hole punch