||Student Clubs and Organizations >>
Enviromental Science/Outdoor Club
The mission of the Environmental Science Club is to raise awareness and increase an understanding of the environment through educational activities offered to the student population and the local community.
The Environmental Science Club promotes outdoor activities and strives to demonstrate the cultural and social connections between humanity and the environment.
Typical activities and benefits of membership
- Club members plan club functions and picnics, go on field trips or attend other outdoor activities
- Environmental Science Club members plan Earth Day activities for the students and community annually on the campus.
- The Environmental Science Club organizes events and invites speakers to the campus to discuss or give presentations on relevant environmental issues.
- Club members have opportunities to attend environmental conferences and/or workshops or camps free of charge.
- A campus recycling campaign to encourage recycling at the college
- Develop and expand an area on campus to be used as an outdoor classroom
- Expand a nature trail system utilizing the natural surroundings and incorporating native plantings to attract butterflies, birds and other wildlife
- Organize outdoor activities such as snowshoe races for the annual Biboon Fest at the college
- Assist the college with the greenhouse operations
- Develop a partnership between the Fond du Lac Reservation Garden Club by assisting the elders with vegetable seedlings and propagating culturally significant plants
- Propagate native grasses and other native plants in the greenhouse to be used for beautification projects around the campus and to be used for Biology or science projects
New members welcome
The Environmental Science Club always welcomes new members, at any time during the year. If you have questions about the club or upcoming events, e-mail us at ESClub@s.fdltcc.edu or contact our faculty advisor Jay Sandal at firstname.lastname@example.org